Thursday, August 13, 2009

If we had a million dollars...we'd be rich

Every time money gets a little tight it inevitably leads to a budget discussion. As in, what would we do if we had millions of dollars in our budget. Adam and I were having such a conversation last night. I'd decided that I wanted live a modest suburban life, while using most of my money to travel. But where to go first?

To engage him in our conversation, I asked William: "Where would you go?"

He replied, "Zoe's house."

I thought he'd misunderstood my question. We'd just gone to his friend Zoe's house that day and sometimes I ask him to recap recent events. So I clarified. "No, I mean if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?"

"Um, I know, the park!"

So this morning we went to the park. This is where you'd expect something shmultzy about the best things in life being free, except we had to cut William's dream gettaway short because he refused to stop throwing rocks at me. Turns out he did this because he was thirsty (a logical response for a two and a half year old). So we went home and had some water. And he threw his cup across the room. Now I'm not sure what the moral of this story is.

2 comments:

Columbia Thorndale said...

Zoe's house is the best place in the world and the park is evil. Moral learned.

Or Zoe's house is costing her mommy to much and every month her credit card takes a little of the burden. Why must the bank raise my limit it makes it oh so easy and tempting.

Final Columbia loves cookies and should be fed cookies at every chance

Carol said...

I think the moral of this story is either:

- don't let a 2-year old manage your budget;

or

- introduce William to the concept of Scotland and see what his answer is when you ask him where in the world he'd like to go.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...