Thursday, May 13, 2010

Annoyances and Joys.

I give you a list of minor annoyances that are giving me a bad hair day (am I the only one whose hair gets static when I'm stressed?)

  • This morning William wanted to play with his activity book that comes with a dry-erase marker.  I gave him two rules: not on your skin, or on the floor.  He proceeded to draw a "hole" in the carpet.
  • Yesterday we were refused admittance to the walk-in clinic because William's healthcard is expired.  I wish they still gave out the red ones.  The man in front of us in line had a healthcard that is older than both my children combined and HE got in.
  • I was going to get a new health card but couldn't find the accordian thingie with all our documents in it.
  • Raccoons (or some other creatures) helped themselves to our green bin.  I don't mind if they eat our garbage, but is it too much to ask that they do it neatly?
  • This morning my parents' dog (who is staying with us for a couple weeks) woke Jadzia up 20 minutes before she would've woken up naturally.  That means, before 7 am, which is against my religion.
  • If I hear a sentence that begins with "I want" one more time, my head will explode.
  • Jadzia has hidden my watch somewhere.


Joys

  • I found that accordian thing.  It was on the black shelf where we always keep it, where I looked at least seven times.
  • On Tuesday, my fabulous husband took me out for a delicious lobster dinner.  I love lobster.  I wish it were cheaper so I could have it every day.  Okay, maybe just once a week.
  • I got an appointment with my doctor, who declared my children healthy.
  • My fabulous husband cleaned up the raccoon's mess this morning.
  • He also filled the dishwasher.
  • I got into an Early Years program where they mind the kids for two hours while I sit around and listen to a talk.  What's the talk on? Who cares!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...