Sunday, March 06, 2011

Snow!!!!!!

This is an all points bulletin!  Get out and enjoy the snow while you still can!  For that past few weeks, the marshmellow blanket of happiness disappeared to be replaced by a mucky icy mess.  But today winter has returned for a limited time only.  Seize the day, everyone!

Imagine my glee, when I woke this morning to find a thick layer of snow all over everything.  We wasted no time (well, we wasted a little time, we still have two kids) in getting all bundled and off to the tobogganing hill.  We over filled our sled, two adults and two children riding together.  Even Morty the Jackapoo got a chance to slide, though he mostly just chased us to the bottom. 

Jadzia gets the prize for eating the most snow.  And why not?  Freshly fallen and purely white, even I had to admit it looked appetizing (though I managed to resist the urge).

At home we enjoyed some hot chocolate made with real cocoa and milk (hot chocolate made with water is a crime against chocolate).

If you are looking for something to do today, do NOT go to an indoor playground, do NOT go shopping, do NOT go to church, and do NOT go to the library.  GO OUTSIDE.  The mucky muck will be back before you know it.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Aye aye captain! Out to shovel now!

Five Star Nat said...

I like looking at snow from indoors!!! Where it is warm! Which I did after church :) Snow is very lovely when it covers all the ikky dirt. It's a good thing Mark has a snow blower, heaven forbit we have to spend too much time outside in the cold. Brrrr...

Super Happy Jen said...

Shoveling is not fun enough! Have FUN outside.

Nat, if you never allow yourself to be a little uncomfortable you'll miss out on a lot of fun.

Cara said...

Leyla threw snowballs at me while I shoveled. I'm pretty sure she had fun. Then we packed up in the car and drove to my MIL's.

We have embraced sledding quite a bit...it would be fun to come check out your hill, say tomorrow morning? If the snow doesn't melt.

Super Happy Jen said...

Can't, I already said I would go to C's. But I'm bringing snowpants!

Cara said...

Oh, I don't think I was invited. : ( Feeling pretty left out lately!

Sharon Clare said...

I love your enthusiasm!!! I wish I felt the same. I really should find something to love about winter.

Super Happy Jen said...

Tip: Don't shovel your driveway. Just buy a car with 4 wheel drive. Shovelling the driveway is an exercise in futility (the snow will melt anyway, or it will snow more). Anyway, it makes people cranky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...