Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moved In

This is the first official post written from my brand new house.   By brand new, I mean we just bought it, not it was just built.  It does look brand new though, because the previous owners were far better (or at least less lazy) at renovating/decorating/gardening than I.

On Friday (the 13th, oooooh) we had a massive move where we lugged all of our stuff out of the condo whilst simultaneously lugging all of my brother and Eireann's stuff into the condo.  I didn't do a great deal of the lugging, however, because of my "delicate" condition.  Instead I lugged around a twenty-five-pound snot factory who was quite distressed that his toys were being whisked away. 

Yesterday my wonderful husband worked on the yard.  We have an above ground pool and Adam made a gate to block off the stairs leading up to it.  He also bought a big shade umbrella (on sale).  And all three of us tested the pool together (anything to avoid unpacking).  

Later Adam and I went to Spencer Smith Park because the Sound of Music Festival was on and Hawksley Workman was playing (again, anything to avoid unpacking).  Adam's parents came over and baby sat for us.  When we came home a few hours later, 90% of our stuff was unpacked and put away, some of the latches that weren't closing properly were miraculously fixed, the remaining packed boxes were arranged neatly against the wall, and our bed was made.  I think we have to get my in-laws to baby-sit all next week.

I'll post some pictures of our new house and the move and everything as soon as I find my camera.  I'm sure it's in a box around here somewhere...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oooooooooh congrats on the new house! It's so exciting moving in to a new place! =D I can't wait to see the photos! (and no doubt Adam will have a bazillion!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...