Thursday, June 19, 2008

My hip hurts

Whine. Whine. Whine. My hip hurts. My left hip, to be exact, at the back just above my bum. It doesn't hurt all the time, only when I:

-sit for a long time
-lean forward while sitting
-cross my legs
-stand up from a sitting position
-bend over
-pick up something heavy
-turn around in such a way that I pivot on my left leg
-sit on a cold hard surface (like a bathtub edge)
-walk up or down the stairs without concentrating on not moving my hip
-do any of the above while carrying a toddler

The pain ranges from "how annoying" to "Waaaaaaaa!" I'd go to the doctor, but he'd just diagnose me with pregnancy. Unless you need antibiotics or have cancer, doctors are fairly useless. I vaguely recall having some joint pain when I was pregnant with William, but I don't know if I had it this early or not. It wasn't nearly this bad, but then again I didn't have to chase around a 16-month-old.

In related news my little genius has recently learned how to climb onto the kitchen table and onto my computer desk. "Giggle, giggle."

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yup you were hurting.... :(

I hope you can catch a break

Where are those belly progression pics??

You should try and compare them with Williams too!

Anonymous said...

This is due to your hormones relaxing your hip joints. Try laying on the floor, knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Do this as often as you can for 15-30 minutes at a time. This takes all the pressure off and does wonders. I actually perfected the art of sleeping in this position by tucking my blanket around me to hold my legs up. If the small of your back hurts while doing this, roll a towel to add more support, you can also place one under your neck. Also to take pressure off the sciatic nerve you can open up th sacroiliac joint by doing stretches.(http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_sacroili_rex.htm)
Only what you are comfortable with. Remember to keep both feet flat on the floor when sitting in a chair or place you left foot flat on the floor when driving. You can feel a difference in the strain of your back. Heating pad also may help. Good Luck To You And Your Family....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...