Friday, July 25, 2008

They Couldn't Find a Penis



Here we have two beautiful (and yes, completely different) photos of what we are now calling a daughter. The ultrasound tech wasn't 100% sure, but as she couldn't find a penis, and girls are generally known for their lack of penis. My mom brought over doughnuts before I went for my appointment, saying that if I ate one the sugar would make my baby move for the camera. Only this backfired, and the baby was moving so much that the tech had a hard time doing the anatomy scan and it took forever (I had to pee).

So now we leave the floor open for some female name suggestions. Here are some of my family's:

Robin, from my sister Robin who has been campaigning hard to have a child named after her. She also thought William should be named Robin, as it works for a girl or a boy.

Craiginella, from my brother Craig, who said that he was going to use the name for his kids, but I could have it if I wanted.

Hazel, from my Dad, who thinks it's the greatest name ever and is quite excited by it. I don't think this name is as horrible as my mother seems to think, but it won't make the maybe list because it makes me think of old ladies and that old song: "Hooray for Hazel, she put me down. Hooray for Hazel, she made me her clown." Besides, what if she has brown eyes?

I do have a possible name that I won't reveal yet (I don't want to be affected by the criticism), but it isn't set in stone until it's written on a birth certificate.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Jen - What great shots! Beutiful profile pic!

and if your looking for name suggestions - I think Terra! or at least a variation of it would be wonderful! Would be beutiful and blend in with every one elses names in your little family.

"The girl's name Terra \t(er)-ra\ is pronounced TARE-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "Earth". Mythology: the Roman earth goddess, equivalent to the Greek Gaia. May also be from the female Terence or a short form of Teresa.

Terra has 5 variant forms: Tera, Terah, Terrah, Tiera and Tierra.

For more information, see also related names Eartha and Tara.

Baby names that sound like Terra are Tarra, Terry, Terri, Terea, Terrya and Teara. "

progressyourlife.com said...

Beautiful baby, I bet you are so proud!!! Congratulations!!
Wish you the best.
Mark Babineaux
http://www.progressyourlife.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...