Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Date



When my generous baby-sitting Mom asked what we were celebrating I replied, "A night off without kids of course." Though we didn't have our human children with us, we did encounter this gaggle of geese (complete with gosslings) while we were walking off the Bison steaks that we'd eaten at Spencer's Landing, the ridiculously expensive and extravagent waterfront restaurant. Yes, I did say Bison, which is like cow, only it's twice the price and they serve it with blueberry sauce on top. Yum!


Though we spent our entire week's grocery budget on dinner, It's not really a date until you see a movie too. In fact, my husband's spontaneous romantic impulses tend to coincide with the release of summer blockbusters. So we saw Transformers 2, the movie that Roger Ebert called "dumber than a box of staples". It wasn't as good as the first one, but you don't go to a Transformers movie looking for realism or oscar performances, so I thought he was being overly harsh. For low-brow humour and mindless special effects , this movie is the one to see.

I couldn't help but notice, though, that if the robots had been human, than the violence would have been extremely gory even for an R-rating (it was rated PG). And the autobots fight just as dirty as the decepticons! So it was inappropriate for my kids at least, which made it strangely more romantic.

1 comment:

Columbia Thorndale said...

Again I am left jealous. Sigh. If you would like to go on a date with me feel free. I'll hold hands with Adam and you but no kissing on the first date even if I get blueberry steak. Mmmmmmmmm Blueberry steak. I want to see Bruno. I downloaded Up online and cried at points but also enjoyed the comical parts.

MMMMMMMMMM.... steak.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...