Thursday, July 23, 2009

William's computer ability

William has been watching me play on the computer since before he could crawl, and more recently he's been playing games by himself. His favourite are the ones on the Sesame Street website, what he calls "The Monster Game". He used to limit himself to games requiring only a keyboard, of which there are very few. Any time a mouse was required he would say "Mommy do it" or, if I was out of the room, scream "MOMMY HELP!"

A couple of days ago, he was busily working through a playlist of games and videos while I was feeding Jadzia in the other room. I listened attentively for the call I was sure I would hear once he reached the mouse game. Instead, I heard Big Bird's cheerful voice praising him for getting the right answer.

I now suspect he's known how to use a mouse for ages, and was pretending just so I would spend time with him. Now that his cover is blown, I can point to anything on the screen and he will click on it.

Today, I left him alone for a minute playing Sesame Street games and, when I came back, he was surfing videos on youtube! (Luckily he only found ones that were family friendly)

4 comments:

Columbia Thorndale said...

He was looking for ACDC videos wasn't he

Super Happy Jen said...

Actually he was watching a video of a girl with brown hair and a ponytail playing Dance Dance Revolution. He said "Mommy Dance. Mommy play a game"

Carol said...

Awww. He is so smart!

Sylvia McNicoll said...

Today's Parent looks for kid's milestones. You should send this one in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...