Monday, January 10, 2011

Dancing Washing Machines and Productivity

So my Mom took William out tobogganing with my nephew, and Jadzia napped (still is napping), so I had some time to myself.  I had high hopes of being extra productive, but I only had enough time to put in a load of laundry before they came home.  And I'm not one of those people who separates her lights and darks either.  If it all turns out grey, so be it.  Life is too short.

Turns out I forgot that William's comforter was in the washing machine, with puke on it from his bout of illness on Saturday night.  I stuffed an entire load of laundry on top of that, just squished it in over capacity.  Last time I tried this the load was so unbalanced that my washer had its own private dance party.   It's not doing that now, but it might start to boogie down at the spin cycle.  I'm wearing one of my summer shirts today, the one that looks nice the moment I put it on, then starts riding up and showing my stretch-marked belly.  Hence, laundry needed to be done.

I already finished my 500 words today, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  I'm a writer, not a housewife after all. 

Spin cycle!  I can hear the dance party starting now.

1 comment:

Sharon Clare said...

Jen, I love your blog's new look!!! It looks like a party. Yay, you did your 500 words. I like your attitude and I'm with you. Writing will take precedence over housework every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...