Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Or as it's known at our house, the day before William's birthday.  Yesterday we had family and friends over to celebrate his big day.  The kids and I made the cake the day before, green with hotwheels driving around a chocolate road.  His friends have had bowling birthdays, indoor playground birthdays, museum birthdays, magician birthdays, but when I asked him what he wanted to do, he said "I want to run around with all my friends and play hotwheels and jump on my bed."  So that's what we planned.

And it was a blast, a house full of people we love snacking and gabbing together.  Mobs of children gathered around, not happy to simply observe the opening of presents.  One racetrack delighted them all so much that they nearly came to blows. No indoor play place would have been better.

Tommorrow my little boy turns 4.  He's already so grown up that I couldn't really think of him as 3.  He's smart, kind, gentle, funny.  He's a loving brother and a wonderful son.  He owns a ridiculous amount of hotwheels tracks.

Happy Birthday William!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...