Thursday, September 23, 2004

Pillow? Headphones? Chicken or Fish?

I am on my way to Flight Attendantdom! I had an interview today at an airline and it went fabulously. They are hiring 70 out of 700 people which sounds icky but one in ten is actually pretty good. If that was the lottery I'd be a zillionaire.

Weirdness: flight attendants get paid "per flight hour." That means they start getting paid when the doors shut and the plane starts taxiing. They do not get paid to help you with your luggage before the plane takes off, or to wish you a pleasant day after the plane lands. That part they do out of the goodness of their hearts.

Thank you for flying with us and have a pleasant vacation.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Thats pretty cool Jen. I wish you luck so that you get to see the world!

Becca

zydeco fish said...

Wow, what a strange payment system. I can't imagine too many other jobs in which management could get away with similar practices. But, good luck with that. It could be fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...