Monday, June 28, 2010

Back in the saddle again

We're back from California and I think I've totally forgotten how to deal with children without tag-teaming my husband.  He didn't go back to work today, but he took off just as long to help his parents move.  I had planned to go grocery shopping the moment I got back...including some healthier choices for our new lifestyle (more on that later).  Instead, we got right back into our routine of wasting the entire day doing nothing in particular.

First William wanted to use the computer.  My computer wasn't booting up for some reason, so he used Adam's.  I usually time my son's computer use, but since he hasn't played his hotwheels games for a long time, I gave him a break and let him play as long as he wanted.  Probably a bad idea as it made for a vacuous morning.

Thankfully my parents came over with milk and fruit, or I would have had nothing to feed the children for breakfast.  My mom also brought baked macaroni and cheese, which I lazily ate for both lunch and dinner.

I was all set to go out this afternoon.  I even got the kids dressed and ready to go, Jadzia strapped in her carseat.  Then William had a big tantrum over putting his shoes on.  I put him in the car barefoot and brought his shoes.  I refuse to put his shoes on him in the car when he's in a foul mood because of several shoe-throwing incidences, the most recent of which occured in Arizona.  I informed my screaming son that instead of going to the store, I was going to drive until he fell asleep.  And that's just what I did.

I lied to myself, saying that I would go to the store once Adam got home, but by then the momentum was gone (if it was ever there to begin with).

I tell you, it's hard work being lazy.  People will tell you it's easy, but they're wrong.

BTW: For anyone who is concerned about my computer.  Adam got it working finally.  We never figured out exactly what was wrong, but he unplugged everything inside and out, removed the dust with a vacuum and toothbrush, and plugged everything back in.  Now she works.

BBTW: The title of this post reminds me of a song. 
Back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again.
Good thing I looked up the lyrics, because humming the tune was just going to drive me crazy.  See what I mean about how tough it is being lazy?

1 comment:

Cara said...

I don't blame you for having a lazy day! You guys have been uber busy. You know that saying, something about needing a vacation from the vacation. Welcome home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...