Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Review: Hellboy

Adam bought Hellboy on DVD.  I had not seen it because I thought it looked like a movie about a man in full body red paint running around saying "Aw, crap".

My little sister (I should stop calling her my little sister since she is 20 and has a son) took offence to my fiancé's purchase, loudly proclaiming: "That is the stupidest movie ever! It's about a little devil boy that was raised to be good! Totally stupid."  I thought that premise sounded kind of neat, actually, and Rob (the sister) thinks that Star Trek is boring, so all her opinions are suspect.

So I watched the flick with Adam.  It is indeed a movie about a man in full body red paint running around saying "Aw, crap" but once you get past that it's pretty good.  It has all the overdone special effects and predictability that you'd expect and love in any super hero movie.  Plus it's got big ugly monsters!  My favourite character is the psychic fishman that sounds like Niles.

One problem: when one dies, two shall rise.  So how does killing them all help in any way?  

**

1 comment:

Super Happy Jen said...

Adam says that they needed eggs to be resurrected. That sounds more like procreation than resurrection to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...