Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Stuff I did today.

Today was my first day volunteering at the Art Centre.  I'm helping in a teen photography class (who would've thought my uni photo class would ever be useful), instructed by a guy named Joe.  Joe has a sense of humour so I like him.
 
The class has eight kids in it: Emily, Jenna, Nate, Cameron, Jay, Leia, Laura, and Amy.  I am impressed with myself for remembering that.  Amy has a learning disability so I was called in to volunteer so Joe wouldn't have to spend all his time with her.  Unfortunately, Amy had an orthodontist appointment and didn't come until lunch.  She couldn't develop the film or anything because at the Art Centre they turn off the lights instead of using black bags, so everyone has to do the same thing at the same time or bust.  I helped her make some photograms (just chucking stuff on photo paper and exposing it) but you could tell she wasn't pleased about not being able to develop her negatives.  That's what you get for having crooked teeth I guess.
 
I made a photogram of my face that turned out pretty neat and then it was 3:30 and it was time to go. 

 
Later 
  
When I got home there was a message for me from a recruiter who wanted to interview me for a management training position at a car rental company.  It's always been my dream to manage a rental car companyYeah that's it
Anyway, this recruiter must have read my last blog entry. That's the only explanation.  He said he saw my résumé on Workopolis but he was probably too embarrassed to admit he recruits people by reading their blogs. 
 
So anyway he asks me a whole bunch of questions about my retail experience and how I deal with difficult people and about my leadership strategy (yeah, because I totally have a leadership strategy).  I told him I would be a good leader because I'm a good listener or some BS.
 
Hopefully I'll get a job at this place, make a few bucks, and then land my dream job doing something creative.  Like winning the 649.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...