Friday, August 20, 2004

I'm Stonger Than Wonder Woman!

Who needs an invisible plane? Yesterday I walked all the way from my house to Omi's house. According to mapquest, that's 7.76 km (if I took the shortest route, which is highly unlikely).

I walked to the bank to deposit my cheques from Cinderella Man. Then, I kept walking down Brant. By the time I got to the Power Centre I was very thirsty so I bought a Mango Hurricaine(or Tornado or some other kind of weather) Booster Juice (I don't like mangos, but for some reason they are delicious in juice). The "Booster" (read: placebo) I got was a combo booster, so it will cure everything. After injesting the booster, my super powers increased enough that I walked all the way down to Fairview Street.

On Fairview Street, I met Kerri, who I had not seen in some time. She was waiting for her mommy to pick her up from a dentist appointment. We chatted until mommy came. I stopped at Value Village but didn't see anything because the evil halloween stuff has already taken over, thereby preventing creative costume-making. I remembered that I wanted to be Wonder Woman for Halloween but I wasn't sure how to do that. I should have asked Kerri for advice (her super power is halloween costume making).

When I got to Omi's house (by house, I of course mean condo) I called for her to let me in but there was no answer. So I called again. This time, she answered. Apparently, she was on the phone with my mom, which is why she didn't know I buzzed. Omi was super excited to see me. Every time I go over to Omi's house she acts as if she hasn't seen me in five thousand years (it hasn't been long: she was at our house for dinner on Tuesday). We went swimming in her pool. There were some kids from Romania and Russia swimming too. That's right, Omi's pool attracts visitors from all over the world!

After an hour of swimming, we went back upstairs and ate a shrimp ring and some pickled herring for dinner. Yum! I definitely had the protein group covered. Mom and Dad were planning to take Omi out to see a movie and I decided to tag along. I wasn't about to walk home! We saw Anchorman : the Legend of Ron Burgundy. Yes, I realise I've already seen it, but it was funny the second time too, so now it gets an extra star (****).

So there you go. Super Happy Jen really is a super hero. I need a super hero themesong. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah this is where all my server space is going. you and your pirating theme song addiction

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...