Saturday, August 28, 2004

Nerdfest 2004

The Sci Fi Expo is one of the few events where people are encouraged to flaunt their nerdity. There was also a comic book expo, a horror expo and an animé expo in the same place so all kinds of nerds were united in nerd sisterhood and nerd brotherhood!

Patrick Stewart was supposed to be the star attraction but he wasn't allowed to fly because of a surgery (wimp!). Guess who they sent instead? The only guy who can look sexy with a latex turtle glued to his forehead.* That's right! None other than my fave : Lieutenant Worf (Er. I mean Micheal Dorn. Worf's not real. There are no such things as Klingons). They also sent Levar Burton, BTW ("But don't take my word for it..."). Anyway, I paid way too much money for a Worf autograph but it made me happy so it was worth it (especially since Hunter lipsticked the other one I had).
Here is a picture of me and Micheal Dorn


After lining up for an hour and getting Worf's autograph, we saw that poor Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather from Enterprise: aka cute black guy) had no line-up at all. My sweet Adam bought me his autograph.
Here is a picture of me and Anthony Montgomery


I also bought a girlie action figure at the expo. Her name is Jade and she is a vampire crime boss with a dragon, a green dress, and real hair (real as in you can braid it and brush it, not real as in it came from a human head. Sickos!). She was only five bucks so her cheapness halfway makes up for the fortune I spent on the autographed photos.

* I'm pretty sure my fiancé Adam would still look sexy with a latex turtle glued to his forehead. However, since I have yet to test this theory, Micheal Dorn holds the title.

3 comments:

Becca said...

You must hve had the Funnest Day! Thats Awsome Jen!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You see that blonde girl behind you in the picture of you and Michael Dorn? That's ME!!!! I swear, no joke! So funny...

Anonymous said...

PS: Proof - http://flickr.com/photos/caseymckinnon/61265578/in/set-1323215/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...