Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Day 2: I'm so Green

So today we did our "Personality Dimensions" assessment, which is basically a rip off of "True Colours" or "What Colour is Your Parachute?" The basic idea is to pigeon-hole your personality into four different types.

My results:

Green - all logical and intelligent- was number one with a score of 15.
Blue -all artsy and touchy feely- was next with 11.
Orange - all sporty and go-gettery - was a 10 (though I can't believe I got that high in it, must have been a fluke)
Gold - super organized - was painfully last with a score of 4 (which, incidentally, is the lowest score one can get in any particular category).

Then we broke up in groups (according to our colours) and wrote stuff on chart paper about our likes and dislikes and values and whatever. Our group had a tough time coming to a consensus on anything (one guy was tied in his score with orange, and another girl was WAY more gold than any of the rest of us). The one thing we all agreed on is that we are all very impatient and hate to be kept waiting. It's not that easy being green.

Career Lady says we should focus on our strengths, rather than our weaknesses. On that note:

Green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

~Kermit the frog

***********after lunch*************

We did a ridiculous skit in group to explain to the class all about being green (using green stuff that looked as if it were purchased at the dollar store). When all the ridiculous skits were done we had more brain-washing (um, I mean discussions) about the colours. Then we watched a silly video about it and I guess we had extra time because we toured the building. The last thing we did was a quiz to determine if we are intraverted or not. Apparently, intraverts need not be shy and extraverts need not be out-going. It has to do with how you get "energized". So if you're a human who gets energized by having a nap by yourself, you're an introvert. On the other hand if you're some kind of android or gynoid who uses people as fuel (interracting with people, not what you were thinking), then you're an extrovert. I ended up being near the middle, but definitely closer to being human than gynoid.

One of my fellow greens drove me home (yippee) so I had lots of time to get all the laundry together to take to the laundromat. There was a mountain to rival Everest growing out of our hamper. I had to stuff at the end because I ran out of garbage bags. I also had to be a lot more creative about what I considered "white". Now there's an army of chubby green midgets in our living room. When Adam comes home we'll take the recruits to the laundromat and launder everything in like an hour. Laundromats rule.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...